During your stay at Skeena Meadows, you call the shots for the meals and times which suit your schedule the best. You are free to bring your own provisions, or they can provide an exquisite choice of entrees on a daily basis. Breakfast and lunches can be ready to go in the fridge and dinners will be prepped as much as possible and delivered to you. You just need to follow the simple final instructions and enjoy a decadent meal at the time you choose.
Whenever possible, they strive to provide garden fresh vegetables in your personal pantry which are grown right on the property, or purchased from local producers. Along with the fully appointed kitchen, each tent is also furnished with a BBQ for outdoor grilling.
Combined with the daily housekeeping service, the food service leaves you feeling like you have been on that special vacation.
Skeena Meadows’ food is as unique as the accommodation. There are no set meal times as you decide when to cook. The exquisite table fare is delivered to your tent daily with full instructions on how to cook it at your convenience. If the fishing is hot until 9pm, keep going! There’s no reason to stop for pre-arranged dinner times.
Each day, the housekeeping staff will replenish your stock items, clean up and do your dishes so all you have to worry about is enjoying your time in the outdoors.
The following are examples of the type of fare offered at Skeena Meadows.
Butternut Squash and Pear Soup •
Wild Mushroom •
French Onion Granite Soup •
• Borscht Soup
- Smoked Salmon Canapés – Smoked Salmon atop a Pumpernickel & Bagel Canapé with Dilled Crème Fresh, Red Onion and Capers.
- Wild Mushroom Pate – With Oven Roasted Crostini’s and Port Jelly.
- Jumbo Garlic Prawn Cocktail – Garlic Butter Poached Colossal Shrimp Accompanied with Skeena Meadows House made Cocktail Sauce.
- Barbeque Brie Platter – Brie topped with Seasonal Fruit Compote Packaged in a Banana Leaf to be Warmed on the BBQ.
- Hazelton Farm Beef Carpaccio – Served with First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tellicherry Black Pepper, Shaved Regiano Parmesan Cheese and Toasted Artisan Baguette.
Sides and Salads
Grilled Asparagus in Herb Lemon Butter • Grilled Portobello Mushroom topped with Tomato, Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic • Grilled Vegetable Kebobs with Red Curry Glaze • Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob, Chipotle Maple Glaze • Asian Glazed Bok Choi • Wild Rice and Mushrooms
• Garlic Mashed Potato
• Double Stuffed Baked Potato
• Yukon Gold Potato Gratin • Greek Salad
• Caesar Salad
• Buffalo Mozzarella and Vine Ripped Tomato Salad
• Skeena Salad
Day 1 –
Skeena Meadows Chef Marinated Top Sirloin Steaks
Mushroom or Pepper Sauce
Three Jumbo Digby Scallops topped with King Crab and wrapped in Double Smoked Bacon, Featured with Herb Garlic Butter, Perfect for Basting on the BBQ
Marinated Beer Can Chicken on the BBQ with Homemade Gravy to Dip
Cedar or Maple Planked Salmon Fillets, Brown Sugar and Honey Glaze
– Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops, House Stuffing of Caramelized Onions and BBQ Pulled Pork
Grilled Halibut Steaks – Paired with Punttanesca Sauce, a Combination of Tomato, Onion, Capers, Black Olive, Oregano and Garlic Cooked in Olive Oil
– Broom Lake Duck Breast- Boneless Duck Breast together with Candied Orange and Hickory Glaze Marinade
Bone in Prime Rib steak – 10 oz. 21 Day Aged Grass Fed Rib Eye Steak served with Pan Gravy and Yorkshire Pudding.
Fresh Seasonal Fruit Galette •
White Chocolate Amaretto Cheese Cake
• Triple Berry Cheesecake •
Triple Chocolate Brownies
• Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies with Vanilla Bean Vodka Ice cream